Wednesday, February 17, 2021
NaCOVERC has further revised the COVID-19 measures with immediate effect, as follows:
- The nationwide curfew shall now hold from midnight to 5:00 A.M.
- Bars and restaurants are permitted to operate every day outside of curfew hours, but expected to shut down in ample time against curfew, and SHALL strictly adhere to the COVID-19 rules and regulations. At least one hand washing station with clean water and soap must be at the entrance of the venue at all times. Staff and customers must wear face-masks correctly when not drinking or eating inside the venue, and physical distancing must be observed.
- Clubs remain banned.
- Mandatory wearing of face masks in public spaces and public transportation will be strictly enforced.
- Places of worship shall hold services for not more than ninety (90) minutes; with through IPC cleaning before and after services
- Sporting activities shall only be conducted at National Sports Authority announced venues, and with no spectators.
- ALL public meeting and activities conducted by Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Government, as well as by non-state actors, shall be prefaced with COVID-19 prevention messages, and compliance fully enforced.
NaCOVERC is urging the public to remain vigilant as there is still active transmission of COVID-19 in Sierra Leone. Let us all observe the safety protocols to keep ourselves, our families, and our communities safe.
Corona Fet Na We All Fet.
Solomon Jamiru Esq